Home Forums MCB: Penetration Testing with Raspberry Pi (W42) USB Wireless with Kali Linux 2018.4

USB Wireless with Kali Linux 2018.4

Back to course
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

rfling
      Participant

Anyone else having difficulty with their Raspberry Pi recognizing external wireless device? Kali is supposed to recognize an Alpha network adaptor and it isn’t. Airmon-NG sees the device however after multiple attempts to rectify the issue I still can’t get it to work. Only the Pi 3’s internal wireless device is capable of making connection.

Thomas Sermpinis
      Participant

Hello rfling,

Is it an old Alpha antenna model? also, if is recognized by airmon-ng maybe you are doing something wrong with the setup, or you may have to check the power supply of your Pi! Please keep me informed about your progress on this matter.

~Thomas

rfling
      Participant

Hi Thomas, thanks for the reply. Although the unit is a couple of years old it should still work. Has worked like a champ in previous installs of Kali, works great in Parrot as well as Raspbian. I own a half dozen different usb wireless devices all do not work. Airmon-NG recognizes the device but it will not work. Other people must be having this issue, it is well documented if you do a search. The fix however isn’t always so easy according to some documentation.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© HAKIN9 MEDIA SP. Z O.O. SP. K. 2023
What certifications or qualifications do you hold?
Max. file size: 150 MB.
What level of experience should the ideal candidate have?
What certifications or qualifications are preferred?

Download Free eBook

Step 1 of 4

Name(Required)

We’re committed to your privacy. Hakin9 uses the information you provide to us to contact you about our relevant content, products, and services. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time. For more information, check out our Privacy Policy.