Home Forums MCB: Penetration Testing with Raspberry Pi (W42) Lockup while upgrading Kali Linux 2009.3 [Fixed]

Lockup while upgrading Kali Linux 2009.3 [Fixed]

Back to course
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

rxfelix
      Participant

Providing this to help future upgraders if they run across this problem.

After successfully installing Kali Linux 2009.3 (native) on Raspberry Pi 3, I performed the upgrade:

• root@kali:~# apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

This process hung near the end of the (very long) upgrade process. After interrupting it and rebooting, the filesystem was corrupt and unfixable. To fix this, I started the installation again, creating again the native Kali SD card and booting it. After boot, though, I set default to text mode:

• root@kali:~# systemctl set-default multi-user.target

After reboot into text mode, I performed the update and upgrade successfully. I added the full Kali suite of tools and then performed an “apt full-upgrade” to be safe. I then returned to graphical mode:

• root@kali:~# systemctl set-default graphical.target

After reboot. the Pi is working properly and is ready to proceed with Kali operations with the full suite of tools.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© HAKIN9 MEDIA SP. Z O.O. SP. K. 2023
What certifications or qualifications do you hold?
Max. file size: 150 MB.
What level of experience should the ideal candidate have?
What certifications or qualifications are preferred?

Download Free eBook

Step 1 of 4

Name(Required)

We’re committed to your privacy. Hakin9 uses the information you provide to us to contact you about our relevant content, products, and services. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time. For more information, check out our Privacy Policy.