WiFi Passview is an open-source batch script-based program that can recover your WiFi Password easily in seconds. This is for Windows OS only. Basically, this scripted program has the same function as other passview software such as webpassview and mailpassview. Visit Wiki
Disclaimer: WiFi Passview is NOT designed for malicious use! Please use this program responsibly!
The project has been featured in some popular cybersecurity websites and Facebook pages such as KitPloit.com, Hakin9.org, Pentest Magazine, Hackers Guru, and National Cyber Security Services.
How it Works
Basically, this is the shortcut and batch scripted file version of a popular WiFi password manager viewing method using the command prompt. This is how it works...
netsh wlan show profiles
When you use this tool, you are able to extract the WiFi passwords stored on the target machine in just seconds.
netsh wlan show profiles- To harvest wireless interface information.
findstr- To extract the information from
netsh wlanand save it as a text file.
- The tool will harvest the information by using
netsh wlan show profilesand will be captured by
findstrand save it as a text file.
- The tool will create
temp.txtto temporarily store the captured wireless interface information. This will be used to output what information has been captured.
- In automated mode, the tool will create another temporary file called
helper.batand this file will create another file called
final.txtand this file is the final file to be used to create the
creds.txtwhich is the final file that the tool will create.
To learn more visit Wiki page.
This simple tool offers you the following features...
- Extract all available WiFi passwords stored in the target machine and can be done in just seconds.
- Extract password from specific target SSID.
- Save extracted passwords.
- Additional options.
- No manual reading of
Key Content, the tool will do that for you!
- No need for admin rights to run the program.
- Standalone batch program.
- Supports all languages.
- Generate WLAN report. (requires admin privileges)
- Upload collected passwords to the cloud. (powered by file.io api)
- Customizable builds.
Download the repository and look for
"wifi-passview-vX.X.X.bat" the file and run it as an ordinary
*.bat file (no need to run it as administrator). All you have to do is to follow the on-screen instructions.
Read the official blog on How to Use WiFi Passview.
Wanna use for WiFi Hacking? Visit this exclusive post from the author.
Here's the screenshot of the program
White Label / Personalize / Custom / Development
- Download the repository
"npm install gulp-cli -g && npm install gulp -D"
- After that, edit the
"./src/config.json"file for your customization or personalization.
- When you think you are satisfied, just do
"gulp"to initiate the building process.
- If you want to reset the building process just do
- If you are editing the
"./src/core.bat"you can use
"gulp test"it is a combination of
"gulp cleandev"so you can quickly quality check the production build.
"gulp --tasks"to see all available
Looking for the official
"wifi-passview-vX.X.X.exe" Do you like this version and wanna support the project?
Q: Why you don't use the built-in
netsh wlan export command?
I'm aware of that command, the only reason why I use
findstrinstead of that command is that to make the tool more user-level that does not require any admin rights. For example, if you are about to use the tool in a machine that you don't own then you're not able to use the tool. Got the idea? If the tool does not require admin rights then we can avoid the UAC prompt and we can use the tool more efficiently, the command
netsh wlan show profilesdo not require admin rights that's why we can still use that and capture the data and save it to file using the
Visit FAQ section for more information.
Contributions are welcome, create a pull request to dev branch of this repo and I will review your code.
If you're facing a problem in using WiFi Passview please let me know by creating an issue in this github repository. I'm happy to help you! Don't forget to provide some screenshot or error logs of it!
- Extract WiFi Password Across Network (experimental)
- More... (have suggestions? let me know!)
Wanna see other projects I made? Join today!
Donate or Support
If you love this project please consider supporting the development by means of coffee. I spend my time just to save your time! Be a sponsor or backer of this project. Just a cup of coffee!
Supporters and Backers
- ernest_bigelow, nanantakeshi, kerry_howell
Wanna see your name here? Just buy me a coffee!
WiFi Passview is licensed under GNU General Public License v3 - https://opensource.org/licenses/GPL-3.0
This project is created by Waren Gonzaga for educational purposes.
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/warengonzagaofficial
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/warengonzaga
- Website: https://warengonzaga.com
- Email: dev(at)warengonzaga[.]com
</> with <3 by Waren Gonzaga
- Hakin9 is a monthly magazine dedicated to hacking and cybersecurity. In every edition, we try to focus on different approaches to show various techniques - defensive and offensive. This knowledge will help you understand how most popular attacks are performed and how to protect your data from them. Our tutorials, case studies and online courses will prepare you for the upcoming, potential threats in the cyber security world. We collaborate with many individuals and universities and public institutions, but also with companies such as Xento Systems, CATO Networks, EY, CIPHER Intelligence LAB, redBorder, TSG, and others.
- Blog2022.12.13What are the Common Security Weaknesses of Cloud Based Networks?
- Blog2022.10.12Vulnerability management with Wazuh open source XDR
- Blog2022.08.29Deception Technologies: Improving Incident Detection and Response by Alex Vakulov
- Blog2022.08.25Exploring the Heightened Importance of Cybersecurity in Mobile App Development by Jeff Kalwerisky