Businesses are becoming more and more dependent on the internet to run their company. Some companies completely run their businesses online through the cloud.
One of the biggest vulnerabilities to every business is through email.
They are called phishing attacks, where attackers send emails to learn information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card numbers by pretending to be a reputable company or person.
It is a seemingly simple attack, they’re so successful because they are targeted at unsuspecting victims and the emails look convincingly real.
These attacks are growing each year and are costing companies billions of dollars. Hopefully after reading these phishing attack statistics you will start training your employees to spot and dismiss phishing attacks.
Graphic Source: Inspired E-Learning Phishing Facts
- Hakin9 is a monthly magazine dedicated to hacking and cybersecurity. In every edition, we try to focus on different approaches to show various techniques - defensive and offensive. This knowledge will help you understand how most popular attacks are performed and how to protect your data from them. Our tutorials, case studies and online courses will prepare you for the upcoming, potential threats in the cyber security world. We collaborate with many individuals and universities and public institutions, but also with companies such as Xento Systems, CATO Networks, EY, CIPHER Intelligence LAB, redBorder, TSG, and others.
- Blog2022.12.13What are the Common Security Weaknesses of Cloud Based Networks?
- Blog2022.10.12Vulnerability management with Wazuh open source XDR
- Blog2022.08.29Deception Technologies: Improving Incident Detection and Response by Alex Vakulov
- Blog2022.08.25Exploring the Heightened Importance of Cybersecurity in Mobile App Development by Jeff Kalwerisky