Hello everyone, Today we would like to present you an interview with Jason Bernier about career in penetration testing. We talked about the importance of certification in the cybersecurity field, what is the most important skill for penetration tester! [Hakin9 Magazine]: Hello Jason! Thank you for agreeing for the interview, we are honored! How have you been doing? Can you tell us something about yourself? [Jason Bernier]: I like turtles. Just kidding. I’m a Red Team member for the US Army, working for Sotera Defense Solutions, and I am a part time penetration tester for Lunarline Inc. I like hockey, a lot… no really… I love it, scuba diving, and long walks on the beach. Just kidding about the beach, but I really do like turtles…. And cats. [H9]: You are a Penetration Tester, why did you decide to choose this career? [JB]: Honestly, because it was easy. I got my start....
Read the rest of this story with a free account.
Already have an account? Sign in
- Hakin9 is a monthly magazine dedicated to hacking and cybersecurity. In every edition, we try to focus on different approaches to show various techniques - defensive and offensive. This knowledge will help you understand how most popular attacks are performed and how to protect your data from them. Our tutorials, case studies and online courses will prepare you for the upcoming, potential threats in the cyber security world. We collaborate with many individuals and universities and public institutions, but also with companies such as Xento Systems, CATO Networks, EY, CIPHER Intelligence LAB, redBorder, TSG, and others.
- BlogDecember 13, 2022What are the Common Security Weaknesses of Cloud Based Networks?
- BlogOctober 12, 2022Vulnerability management with Wazuh open source XDR
- BlogAugust 29, 2022Deception Technologies: Improving Incident Detection and Response by Alex Vakulov
- BlogAugust 25, 2022Exploring the Heightened Importance of Cybersecurity in Mobile App Development by Jeff Kalwerisky