By: Wayne Burke, Master EC-Council Trainer and CAST Author for Digital Mobile Forensics
Welcome back to the monthly CAST Tutorial Series. Last month we looked the foundation of Information gathering also known as reconnaissance, and as promised we will start this first in the 3 part series of Wi-Fi hacking and cracking. We will start with the basic tools and commands to use in order to crack a WEP key.
The entire tutorial can be completed by using one complete hacking system, and I’m sure most of you
are already thinking BackTrack5 right? A quick shout out to all who have contributed to backtrack
development over the years, Thanks for making our life in the security world far easier!!
What you will learn…
• Basic Wi-Fi reconnaissance using Kismet.
• The usage commands of Aircrack-ng suite.
• Cracking a WEP key.
• Hacking Wi-Fi using Gerix Wireless Cracker.
What you should know and have set-up …
• How to boot the customized Ubuntu Linux live CD called BackTrack.
• Download available here: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/downloads/
Please keep in mind that comments are moderated and
rel="nofollow" is in use. So, please do not use a spammy keyword or a domain as your name, or it will be deleted. Let us have a personal and meaningful conversation instead.
You must be logged in to post a comment.