Install Linux over or alongside an existing Windows install, straight from Windows, without requiring to boot from external media like a flash drive or making BIOS configuration changes. What Tunic Does Validates your system meets Tunic requirements. Asks all questions at beginning (so you don't have to babysit the install). Offers to convert a MBR disk to UEFI. Offers full disk overwrite or dual boot arrangement. If dual boot, shrink C: volume to make space for Linux. Provides tools to assist with freeing up space for Linux. Provides Linux Mint, Ubuntu and most official Ubuntu flavors. Downloads the Linux .iso file for you. Installs Grub with Secure Boot support. Calculates Linux equivalent values for your Windows locale and user account. Reboots and runs the Ubiquity installer, automated. If custom install type choosen, will provide Ubuntu's Ubiquity partiton utility GUI. Reboots into your final installed Linux! See the TODO for ideas....
Read the rest of this story with a free account.
Already have an account? Sign in
- Hakin9 is a monthly magazine dedicated to hacking and cybersecurity. In every edition, we try to focus on different approaches to show various techniques - defensive and offensive. This knowledge will help you understand how most popular attacks are performed and how to protect your data from them. Our tutorials, case studies and online courses will prepare you for the upcoming, potential threats in the cyber security world. We collaborate with many individuals and universities and public institutions, but also with companies such as Xento Systems, CATO Networks, EY, CIPHER Intelligence LAB, redBorder, TSG, and others.
- BlogDecember 13, 2022What are the Common Security Weaknesses of Cloud Based Networks?
- BlogOctober 12, 2022Vulnerability management with Wazuh open source XDR
- BlogAugust 29, 2022Deception Technologies: Improving Incident Detection and Response by Alex Vakulov
- BlogAugust 25, 2022Exploring the Heightened Importance of Cybersecurity in Mobile App Development by Jeff Kalwerisky