What is EDR? Endpoint detection and response (EDR) solutions provide real-time continuous visibility into endpoint activity alongside automated response capabilities. Anton Chuvakin of Gartner initially introduced this security product category. He recognized the need for tools to protect increasingly complex networks from endpoint threats. Here are key capabilities of EDR: Continuous monitoring—EDR solutions continuously collect activity data from endpoints connected to the network and monitor for indicators of threats. Analysis capabilities—EDR tools can analyze collected endpoint data and identify threat patterns. Automated response—after identifying a threat, EDR tools can initiate automated actions that contain or remove a threat while notifying security personnel. Forensics tools—EDR solutions provide forensics tools to help investigate identified threats and look for suspicious activities. Why is EDR Important? In the past, endpoints were known and expected components like routers and company-owned PCs connected to the network. IT teams had control over these endpoints and could establish....
Read the rest of this story with a free account.
Already have an account? Sign in
- Hakin9 is a monthly magazine dedicated to hacking and cybersecurity. In every edition, we try to focus on different approaches to show various techniques - defensive and offensive. This knowledge will help you understand how most popular attacks are performed and how to protect your data from them. Our tutorials, case studies and online courses will prepare you for the upcoming, potential threats in the cyber security world. We collaborate with many individuals and universities and public institutions, but also with companies such as Xento Systems, CATO Networks, EY, CIPHER Intelligence LAB, redBorder, TSG, and others.
- BlogDecember 13, 2022What are the Common Security Weaknesses of Cloud Based Networks?
- BlogOctober 12, 2022Vulnerability management with Wazuh open source XDR
- BlogAugust 29, 2022Deception Technologies: Improving Incident Detection and Response by Alex Vakulov
- BlogAugust 25, 2022Exploring the Heightened Importance of Cybersecurity in Mobile App Development by Jeff Kalwerisky