R3con1z3r is a lightweight web information gathering tool with an intuitive features written in python. It provides a powerful environment in which open source intelligence (OSINT) web-based footprinting can be conducted quickly and thoroughly.
Footprinting is the first phase of ethical hacking, its the collection of every possible information regarding the target. R3con1z3r is a passive reconnaissance tool with built-in functionalities which includes: HTTP header flag, Traceroute, Whois Footprinting, DNS information, Site on same server, Nmap port scanner, Reverse Target and hyperlinks on a webpage. The tool, after being provided with necessary inputs generates an output in HTML format.
r3con1z3r supports Python 2 and Python 3.
# install from pypi pip install r3con1z3r
r3con1z3r depends only on the sys and the requests python modules. For the extra coloring to work on windows, win_unicode_console and colorama have to be installed
For Coloring on Windows:
pip install win_unicode_console colorama
r3con1z3r installs a command line tool on system path that can be interacted with by using
# `domain.com` is the website to perform footprinting on r3con1z3r -d domain.com
Using this tool generates a html named as
domain.com-r3con1z3r.html which can be opened on a browser to view the footprinting results
Simple usage of r3con1z3r CLI to perform OSINT footprinting on
- To install on all Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Android e.t.c) i.e Python 2 environment from within the cloned repo:
pip install r3con1z3r
pip3 install r3con1z3r
- Include travis setup for automatic testing
- Include automatic deployment of incremented versions to pypi so that
pip install r3con1z3rcan work
r3con1z3r is licensed under the GNU GPL license. take a look at the LICENSE for more information.
This project is open to contributions, Bug reports and pull requests are welcome on GitHub at https://github.com/abdulgaphy/r3con1z3r. Current contributors can be viewed by running
1.0 - Release
Download the tool: https://github.com/abdulgaphy/r3con1z3r
- Hakin9 is a monthly magazine dedicated to hacking and cybersecurity. In every edition, we try to focus on different approaches to show various techniques - defensive and offensive. This knowledge will help you understand how most popular attacks are performed and how to protect your data from them. Our tutorials, case studies and online courses will prepare you for the upcoming, potential threats in the cyber security world. We collaborate with many individuals and universities and public institutions, but also with companies such as Xento Systems, CATO Networks, EY, CIPHER Intelligence LAB, redBorder, TSG, and others.
- Blog2022.12.13What are the Common Security Weaknesses of Cloud Based Networks?
- Blog2022.10.12Vulnerability management with Wazuh open source XDR
- Blog2022.08.29Deception Technologies: Improving Incident Detection and Response by Alex Vakulov
- Blog2022.08.25Exploring the Heightened Importance of Cybersecurity in Mobile App Development by Jeff Kalwerisky