|Bypassing Web Application Firewall eBook Preview.pdf|
We gathered all the reading materials from the course “Bypassing Web Application Firewall” and prepared a stand alone ebook. While reading this workshop you will examine practical approaches in bypassing WAFs as a part of our penetration test, and, of course, the theory behind WAFs and how they work.
Note: Some of the original course materials, like videos or particular exercises, are not presented in this issue. If you would like to gain access to all the materials, you have to enroll in the course.
The main aim of this e-book is to present our publication to a wider range of readers. We want to share the material we worked on and we hope we can meet your expectations.
Enjoy your reading,
This e-book contains text materials from the course.
>>If you are a subscriber, download your magazine here!<<
>>Download Free Preview<<
Introduction WAFs, WAF Bypassing and techniques
In this module, we will quickly examine how WAFs work in a web server, and we will be introduced to WAF Bypassing and some interesting methods with practical examples, attacking web application firewalls with conventional methods.
- Introduction to WAFs, WAF types and WAF Bypassing
- WAF Fingerprinting
- Automating WAF Fingerprinting with Burp, Nmap and wafw00f
WAF Bypassing with SQL Injection
In module 2, we examine how we can bypass WAF by exploiting SQL Injection vulnerabilities, with various ways such as normalization and HTTP Parameter Pollution.
- HTTP Parameter Pollution – HPP
- Encoding Techniques for Bypassing WAF
- Bypassing WAF with SQL Injection
- HTTP Parameter Fragmentation – HPF
- Bypassing WAFs with SQL Injection Normalization
Buffer Overflow + SQL Injection = Bypass WAF
WAF Bypassing with XSS and RFI
In module 3, we will examine more ways of WAF Bypassing, this time containing the Remote File Inclusion and the Cross-Site Scripting and more.
- Cross Site Scripting – XSS
- Reflected Cross Site Scripting
- Stored Cross-site Scripting
- Path Traversal
Remote and Local File Inclusion
Securing WAF and Conclusion
Finally, in module 4, we will see some final methods for bypassing WAFs, and prevention methods with practical examples for our WAF implementations.
- DOM Based XSS
- Automating WAF Bypassing
- Bypassing WAF Practical Examples ( Imperva WAF, Aqtronix WebKnight WAF, ModSecurity WAF, and others)
Nowadays, the number of web application firewalls (or simply WAFs) is increasing, which results in a more difficult penetration test from our side. So, it becomes a necessity and really important to be able to bypass WAFs in a penetration test. In this course, we are going to examine practical approaches in bypassing WAFs as a part of our penetration test, and, of course, the theory behind WAFs and how they work.
18 CPE Credits
- The course is self-paced – you can visit the training whenever you want and your content will be there.
- Once you’re in, you keep access forever, even when you finish the course.
- There are no deadlines, except for the ones you set for yourself.
- We designed the course so that a diligent student will need about 18 hours of work to complete the training.
- Your time will be filled with reading, videos, and exercises.
What will you learn?
- WAF Bypassing
- How WAFs work
- How to implement WAF Bypassing to our penetration test
What skills will you gain?
- WAF Bypassing and Hacking
- WAF Hardening and Securing
What will you need?
- PC with a preferred operating system (Mac OSX 10.5+, Windows 7+, Linux)
- At least 4gb of RAM for the VMs to work properly
- At least 10gb of free storage for VMs
VISIT COURSE>>> Syllabus
There are no reviews yet.