In this video from our Linux System Hardening course you can learn all about managing Ubuntu services. It's important to get a good handle on this topic if you are managing servers or endpoints and you want them to stay secure. It's also great for anyone just getting into Linux security. Have fun!
The intention of this course is to cover the concepts, techniques and skills used to harden Linux systems. This course serves as general guidance for Debian based systems and how to install, configure and provide and overall secure environment for both desktop and server based systems.
Upon completion of this course attendees will have more specific understanding of how the hardening of Linux systems work and how to apply that knowledge along with the proper tools.
Among covered topics are:
- BIOS Security
- GRUB Hardening
- NFS Security
- SSH and remote access
- FTP and HTTP configuration security
- Determining firewall configuration
Participants will have a chance to learn and practice during the course. Examples of practical topics include:
- Deploying disk encryption through LUKS
- Planning and configuring file permissions
- Setting account policies
- Configuring password policies
- Configuring FTP
- Advanced DNS configuration
- Configuring SMB, SAMBA
- SYSLOG operation and configuration
- Configuring Iptables
- Working with rules
- Managing Ubuntu services
What should you know before you join?
Attendees should have a basic understanding of Linux system commands, system administration and basic security concepts.
Your instructor: Sean-Philip Oriyano
Sean Oriyano is a seasoned security professional and entrepreneur. Over the past 25 years he has divided his time between writing, research, consulting and training various organizations on both IT and security topics. As an instructor and consultant Sean has traveled worldwide sharing his knowledge as well as gaining exposure to many different environments and cultures along the way. His broad knowledge and easy to understand manner, with a healthy dose of humor, have led to him being a regularly requested instructor and public speaker.
- Blog2022.03.28Footprinting Firewalls | Reconnaissance Tutorial [FREE COURSE CONTENT]
- Blog2022.03.17Process Hollowing Malware | Reverse Engineering Tutorial [FREE COURSE CONTENT]
- Blog2022.03.09Sniffing BLE packets | IoT Hacking Tutorial [FREE COURSE CONTENT]
- Blog2022.02.18Pass The Hash Attacks in Active Directory [FREE COURSE CONTENT]