GoGhost is a High Performance, lightweight, portable Open Source tool for mass SMBGhost Scan.
You can download Windows Binary or Linux Binary. Alternatively, GoGhost uses native Golang libraries so the line above would be fine to compile it:
go build GoGhost.go
GoGhost Scanned 25,000 IP addresses in less than 3 seconds, NMAP took more than 600.
By using the -iL option you're able to specify a list file with CIDRs in the file.
By using the -iR option you're able to specify an IP Range.
False Positive & False Negative
If the Windows is patched with KB4551762, GoGhost will still flag it as vulnerable. If the list of CIDRs in the file is bigger than 500k IP Addresses it may flag some vulnerable as Timeout.
Timeout => Closed Port
Not Vulnerable => Does not has compression
Vulnerable => LZNT1 compression on SMB.
This tool was coded to measure the impact of SMBGhost in Latin America and Deepsecurity is not responsible for the use of this tool.
- Hakin9 is a monthly magazine dedicated to hacking and cybersecurity. In every edition, we try to focus on different approaches to show various techniques - defensive and offensive. This knowledge will help you understand how most popular attacks are performed and how to protect your data from them. Our tutorials, case studies and online courses will prepare you for the upcoming, potential threats in the cyber security world. We collaborate with many individuals and universities and public institutions, but also with companies such as Xento Systems, CATO Networks, EY, CIPHER Intelligence LAB, redBorder, TSG, and others.
- Blog2022.12.13What are the Common Security Weaknesses of Cloud Based Networks?
- Blog2022.10.12Vulnerability management with Wazuh open source XDR
- Blog2022.08.29Deception Technologies: Improving Incident Detection and Response by Alex Vakulov
- Blog2022.08.25Exploring the Heightened Importance of Cybersecurity in Mobile App Development by Jeff Kalwerisky
Wow this was really educative