Home Forums Attack and Defence in Blockchain Technologies (W39) Insufficient funds error when trying to deploy Hello World smart contract

Insufficient funds error when trying to deploy Hello World smart contract

Back to course
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Oluwaseun Oyelude
      Participant

Hi, so I would like to know how much does my test Ether account need to have as a balance for the \”Hello World\” smart contract to run successfuly? I keep getting this error – “Error: insufficient funds for gas * price + value undefined” instead of the “Contract mined” message.

My testnet account has 1.089 ether on it and another testnet ether acount has 2.89 ether on it.

Thanks

Oluwaseun Oyelude
      Participant

Hi, I forgot to mention that this error occurs in the Geth console cli

I  was able to successfully create the contract by deploying through MetaMask.

I still am trying to figure out why it didn’t work on the Geth console

Thomas Sermpinis
      Participant

Hello,

The amount that you have is plenty for what you need to do, and it is not the problem. You may have to give more gas for the deployment, or simply see if your copy of blockchain is not synchronized so geth cannot see your ether amount. :)

sympatiko
      Participant

I’m also having an issue. After I run geth –testnet and load my script by typing loadScript(hello_world.js) , nothing happens.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© HAKIN9 MEDIA SP. Z O.O. SP. K. 2023
What certifications or qualifications do you hold?
Max. file size: 150 MB.
What level of experience should the ideal candidate have?
What certifications or qualifications are preferred?

Download Free eBook

Step 1 of 4

Name(Required)

We’re committed to your privacy. Hakin9 uses the information you provide to us to contact you about our relevant content, products, and services. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time. For more information, check out our Privacy Policy.