Home Forums Attack and Defence in Blockchain Technologies (W39) cannot find eth in my account

cannot find eth in my account

Back to course
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

AAK AAK
      Participant

Hello Sir,

I used this site called ethereum faucet and transferred 500 gwei to my address 0xc0ef7ea5c80be32729061e66ee8526d7220757e5

i waited for some time like an hour and ran the command  eth.getBalance(“0xc0ef7ea5c80be32729061e66ee8526d7220757e5”)

my balance is 0. I’m using the ropsten network. I started the console using the command

geth –syncmode light –testnet console 2>>geth.log

i even tried using the site “https://ropsten.etherscan.io” to check for any activity. None. Pleaase help

Thomas Sermpinis
      Participant

I cannot find any address with etherscan.io so maybe you did something wrong in the faucet! try giving more currency. In the faucet there is no wei counting so I thing that you can give 1 ether to sent to your address and you will be ok, if not try again later. If the problem persists comment again to find another solution. :)

pwnerdl
      Participant

Hi,

Here I can see the transaction and my balance (5) in etherscan but geth gives me always 0…

Also the hello world scripts gives me an error when loaded “GoError: Error while compiling or running script: TypeError: Value is not an object: undefined at Hello_World.js:2:26(63)”

Hi! Were you able t find a solution to this or do you still need assistance?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© HAKIN9 MEDIA SP. Z O.O. SP. K. 2023
What certifications or qualifications do you hold?
Max. file size: 150 MB.
What level of experience should the ideal candidate have?
What certifications or qualifications are preferred?

Download Free eBook

Step 1 of 4

Name(Required)

We’re committed to your privacy. Hakin9 uses the information you provide to us to contact you about our relevant content, products, and services. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time. For more information, check out our Privacy Policy.