This course is designed to equip you with relevant skills to be able to analyze computer systems and network resources using the Network Mapper Tool, generally referred to as Nmap. It is an essential tool necessary for scanning and enumeration of computer networks during a penetration testing service. A comprehensive understanding of the techniques involved in using this tool will make your job easier and faster. My desire is that at the end of the course you see the relevance that Nmap carries in the Information Technology space.
Who is this course for:
- Network Administrators
- Penetration Testers/Ethical Hackers
- Network Security Auditors
- Security Engineers (Network/System)
- Digital Forensics Analysts
- Information Security Analysts
- System Administrators
- IT Managers
- SOC Managers
Why take it NOW?
The tool that you will learn in this course is among the most relevant tools in today’s field of vulnerability assessment and penetration testing.
Why THIS course?
Attending this course will empower you with the skill to carry out network inventory, discovery and network security auditing using the tool that will be learned in the course. You will not only learn of Nmap commands and switches as in the documentation page but also about very important outputs from these commands.
What tools will you use?
- Virtual Box
What skills will you gain?
- Information Gathering (Enumeration)
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Host Scanning
- Basic Exploitation
What will you learn about?
- You will learn how to engage in Host and Port scanning using different techniques
- You will learn how to discover host systems on a network
- You will learn how to brute-force different network protocols
- You will learn how to check for various system vulnerabilities
- You will be able to use Nmap & Zenmap tools
Course general information:
DURATION: 18 hours
CPE POINTS: On completion, you get a certificate granting you 18 CPE points.
LAUNCH DATE: October 14th 2021 (weekly publishing schedule)
- Accessible even after you finish the course
- No preset deadlines
- Materials are video, labs, and text
- All videos captioned
What will you need?
- Windows OS with VT or any Linux based OS
What should you know before you join?
- Basic knowledge on computer system operation
- Basic understanding of computer networks
- Working with Linux terminal
- In-depth knowledge on TCP/IP & ports
Hanniel H. Jafaru is a Cyber Security/IT Consultant, Instructor & Writer with over 14 years of experience. He is the Director of Studies at HICS Academy, formerly known as Ham Institute of Cyber Security and MD/CEO of Ham Network Ltd. He is a member of Cyber Security Experts Association of Nigeria (CSEAN), ASIS International, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) & International Consortium of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals (ICMCP). His professional area of specialization is Information Security, Ethical Hacking & Digital Forensics.
Introduction to Nmap
This module is going to give us a basic understanding of Nmap, why it is important and what it can be used for. We are going to teach how to install the required tools for the course on both a Windows operating system and a Linux operating system. It is important that you understand the concept of this tool to be able to integrate its use in subsequent modules.
- Understanding Nmap
- History and Future of Nmap
- Nmap & Legal Implication
- Installing Nmap - Windows OS, Linux Distributions
- Nmap Scan Phases
- Installing Nmap on your system
Working with Nmap
In this module, you will learn about the different parameters, techniques and switches used to engage Nmap in achieving results for analysis. This is required for Nmap basic usage. It is important to understand this module to be able to comprehend the Nmap Script Engine which will be covered in the next module.
- Target & Host Discovery
- Port Scanning Techniques
- Service Version Detection
- OS Detection
- Evading Firewall & Intrusion Detection System
- Scanning with Nmap
- Detecting Service, version & OS with Nmap
Advanced Scanning - Nmap Script Engine
This module will introduce the Nmap Script Engine, which enables you to implement different scripts available in Nmap. It contains scripts that will be used to detect vulnerabilities, engage in brute-forcing, and detect other services, etc.
- Introduction to Nmap Script Engine
- Default Nmap Script Engine
- Enumeration & Discovery with NSE
- Vulnerability & Malware Detection with NSE
- Brute Forcing with NSE
- Exploiting with .nse
- Exploiting using Nmap
- Enumeration using Nmap
- Brute Forcing with Nmap
Working with Zenmap
The module is designed for student to explore Graphics User Interface of Nmap which is Zenmap. All we have learnt in the previous model will be put into practice via the GUI. We will be able to practice different use cases of both Nmap and Zenmap. We shall eview specific scanning techniques and scripts for stealthy and noisy scans and firewall evasion. Also, you will learn how to design your own default scanning command and script with Zenmap.
- Introduction to Zenmap
- Scanning with Zenmap
- Interpreting Zenmap Results
- Nmap Use Case 1
- Nmap Use Case 2
- Zenmap Use Case 3
- Scanning without default script using Zenmap
- Interpreting Results Practical Assignment
If you have any questions, please contact our eLearning Manager Marta at [email protected].
No Reviews found for this course.