Casper-fs is a custom Linux Kernel Module generator to work with resources to protect or hide a custom list of files. Each LKM has resources to protect or hide files following a custom list in the YAML rule file. Yes, not even the root has permission to see the files or make actions like edit and remove. The files only can be caught, edited, and deleted if the user sends a proper key to the custom device to liberate the action in the file system. https://github.com/CoolerVoid/casper-fs Overview The first point, the user sends input to the Casper-FS the YAML file with rules to generate a custom LKM(Linux kernel module), each generated module works in the file system to protect and hide secret files (Not even the root has permission to see the file, only can see with a proper sending key to the custom device). This program has two principal....
Read the rest of this story with a free account.
Already have an account? Sign in
- Hakin9 is a monthly magazine dedicated to hacking and cybersecurity. In every edition, we try to focus on different approaches to show various techniques - defensive and offensive. This knowledge will help you understand how most popular attacks are performed and how to protect your data from them. Our tutorials, case studies and online courses will prepare you for the upcoming, potential threats in the cyber security world. We collaborate with many individuals and universities and public institutions, but also with companies such as Xento Systems, CATO Networks, EY, CIPHER Intelligence LAB, redBorder, TSG, and others.
- BlogDecember 13, 2022What are the Common Security Weaknesses of Cloud Based Networks?
- BlogOctober 12, 2022Vulnerability management with Wazuh open source XDR
- BlogAugust 29, 2022Deception Technologies: Improving Incident Detection and Response by Alex Vakulov
- BlogAugust 25, 2022Exploring the Heightened Importance of Cybersecurity in Mobile App Development by Jeff Kalwerisky