What does Aaia do? Aaia (pronounced as shown here) helps in visualizing AWS IAM and organizations in a graph format with help of Neo4j. This helps in identifying the outliers easily. Since it is based on neo4j , one can query the graph using cypher queries to find the anomalies. Aaia also supports modules to programatically fetch data from neo4j database and process it in a custom fashion. This is mostly useful if any complex comparision or logic has to be applied which otherwise would not be easy through cypher queries. Aaia was initially intended to be a tool to enumerate privelege esclation possibilities and find loop holes in AWS IAM. It was inspired from the quote by @JohnLaTwC "Defenders think in lists. Attackers think in graphs. As long as this is true, attackers win." Why the name "Aaia"? Aaia in Tamil means grandma. In general, Aaia knows everything about....
Read the rest of this story with a free account.
Already have an account? Sign in
- Hakin9 is a monthly magazine dedicated to hacking and cybersecurity. In every edition, we try to focus on different approaches to show various techniques - defensive and offensive. This knowledge will help you understand how most popular attacks are performed and how to protect your data from them. Our tutorials, case studies and online courses will prepare you for the upcoming, potential threats in the cyber security world. We collaborate with many individuals and universities and public institutions, but also with companies such as Xento Systems, CATO Networks, EY, CIPHER Intelligence LAB, redBorder, TSG, and others.
- BlogDecember 13, 2022What are the Common Security Weaknesses of Cloud Based Networks?
- BlogOctober 12, 2022Vulnerability management with Wazuh open source XDR
- BlogAugust 29, 2022Deception Technologies: Improving Incident Detection and Response by Alex Vakulov
- BlogAugust 25, 2022Exploring the Heightened Importance of Cybersecurity in Mobile App Development by Jeff Kalwerisky