CEHv7 Monthly – Practical Study Guide: Reconnaissance 101
By: Wayne Burke, Master EC-Council Trainer and CAST Author for Digital Mobile Forensics
Welcome to the monthly Hakin9 CAST Tutorial Series. Last month we looked at installing Metasploit and SET on your Apple iDevice. This month we will begin to dive into the CEH exam objectives for the newly released CEHv7 exam, and more specifically we will begin with the foundation of Information gathering also known as reconnaissance.
The entire tutorial can be completed by using one complete hacking system, and I’m sure most of you are already thinking BackTrack5 right? A quick shout out to all who have contributed to backtrack development over the years, Thanks for making our life in the security world far easier!!
What you will learn…
• Real world Foot-printing Reconnaissance techniques.
• The use of online free websites to collect publically available information.
• The use of BackTrack automated recon scripts.
What you should know and have set-up …
• How to boot the customized Ubuntu Linux live CD called BackTrack.
• Download available here: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/downloads/